View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #59
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spomi View Post
Fuel? I heard the Evo's fuel consumption is just comical if you push it. How far compare to a brz.
A lot of people seem to be reporting very good fuel economy in the FR-S/BRZ. A lot of people are averaging ~28 mpg overall, and there was another thread where someone mentioned that throughout some road trip, their average was around 34 mpg.

The Evo, on the other hand, won't get anywhere near to that. Do you remember how in Back to the Future III the train operator was saying with the most ideal conditions possible, the train could hit 80 mph? It's like that for the Evo X getting 28 mpg (without being modded or tuned in a manner that would create better fuel economy). Pushing it will get you well into the mid-teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spomi View Post
Finally. Evo (at least the current form) is going away. Will this be a problem In a long run? Can I still find places to service the ayc or ACD?
It's odd that you're not aware of this, seeing how you're in California. Anyway, even if the Evo ends up being out of production, it's not as if Mitsubishi is going to vanish (or at least we hope not, even though the vast majority of their lineup sucks). Dealerships will still be able to service the cars (though make sure you pick the right one) since it's not as if Evos will disappear (as they will still need service), but there are a lot of specialty shops that are capable of servicing them (i.e. RRE and some other places).
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote