View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
charger500

Drives: 09 SpecB; 08 Z06; 70 Charger 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love these complex multi-part questions!!! No worries let's see what I can do here for you.

- As of this minute in time, what we are doing is simply taking down customer information so that when we do have official Subaru of New England pricing we can then contact customers with whatever we feel comfortable with pricing for this car should be. Then it's as simple as who gives us their order first understanding they have to wait a bit for a car, especially if you pick let's say a super jdm awesome white limited (can you tell which one I might order?? hint hint) and everyone else in the world also ordered that car you could be in a good size line where let's say I'm guessing a red automatic premium order would probably be filled much sooner.

- Here is where I think Subaru is coming from on this car. Have to remember at the end of the day profit rules every decision, popular or not. My theory is that whole 08 STi experience still gives a few nightmares to some executives at SOA. If you aren't familiar with what I'm talking about, they redesigned that car (in my opinion for the better), increased the price to cover the improvements, didn't market it correctly (aka at all), and then made WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many of them. Remember the 0% for 63 months and UP to $5,000 dealer cash on each unit if that dealer sold 5 of them in a two month time frame?? Those cars used today with 20 to 30k sell the same for they did new during that 'crisis' for SOA. I can understand their fear of building a two door sports car they have not done virtually ever (I do not count the RS for this) and then jumping ship from the brand's die hard image of AWD. You can always build more the next year, but you sure can't just take them back. I call that event that happened with the STi the "05 GTO plaque." Where dealers were getting msrp and over non stop for 2004 Pontiac GTO's then someone went, hey man next year LS2 replaces the LS1 with more power, crazy insane hood scoops that make it super tacky and then everyone said peace out on the 04's and they SAT forever. Dealers got stuck with them and took huge hits. Last thing SOA wants is bad publicity, can't blame them with hit after hit, so no need to expose yourself to the risk. Think how bad you look with offering this great new car you can't get rid of?? Especially with SOA trying to get a FWD Impreza sold here in the US with dealers up in arms yelling how they don't want it. All they would hear is I told you so!!

- Do I like the position we are put in?? Good lord no!! Think of the time invested in this already, haven't and can't even sell one yet and when we are able to, I'll be able to count them all on one hand!! I'm a car guy, since I was a kid and my best friends in this world are just as addicted or sick as me with cars. To me getting a car should be super fun and something like this even better. Let's be honest, most of us won't have the chance to roll down to the Ferrari or Lambo dealer and order something rare in our lifetime. So when we do spend 20K plus for anything, especially brand new for the first time it should be fun not the misery that's going on currently with this for dealers and customers. Just have to see it from SOA's side of things as well, if they didn't make good money they can't make good products like this in the future either and in all honesty they don't have a lot of experience with demand for a crazy new product like this ever. Give them a chance and if things keep going well like they have since 2008 this company will reward us with even bigger and better offerings.

- If we had our way it be sort of like WRX's when it comes to these cars. WRX's in general since the 2011 redesign don't sit in stock very long to almost having none at all. So if you walk in and go hey I want one right now and I don't want to wait when there is less then a handful in the entire region, well then you need to pay near or at list. I have a good group of customers from legacygt.com and nasioc.com who have ordered from me. My logic has always been if you can trade patience for price then place an order. Realize you will have to wait but you MUST be patient since you didn't really pay what the car deserves. In turn this leaves a unit, hopefully, on the lot that is hard to come by ready to sell, show to a customer, etc who either can't wait or won't wait. The more I sell in theory the more I could earn (pending they build them), so it's a win/win for both of us. I would love nothing more then to have a bunch of auto-x, road course, gear heads come in and order these things from us. I'd love to have a list a mile long cause to me the car is gorgeous (rare for a Subaru), cheap, built insanely well and will just drive like a car close to twice it's price tag. I could chat with you all for hours about the fun AND stupid stuff I have done with cars. Would kill to see a BRZ always in for service, back with the latest mods, hear about people crushing stupid v6 mustangs and genesis coupes in solo, road course sessions at lime rock on and on.

- Yes I did see the article tonight where Subaru says they will build 100k of these things worldwide. Not sure what that means for us here in the states, it might honestly only help just a little I'm guessing, like 10,000 units instead of 6,000. If we hear anything at all will happily pass along any news I have as well. BTW, everyone is always welcome to stop by and chat with me while I'm at work. If I'm free happy to share any knowledge, stories, news that I can pass along.

- Do we want to sell cars for over MSRP?? It feels somewhat tainted since our manufacturer says sell this car for this, but if the market demands it and supply confirms it then at the end of the day I have a responsibility to my employer and employees to maximize the opportunities afforded to me, in this case 5!! I would prefer it be like the situation I described above for the WRX or any other rare Subaru, not be stuck with this cap on units but if they don't make them then there simply isn't enough to do that type of selling with either. We don't have the urge to gouge anyone, we just want to make sure what we do is fair and that when we do place an order for a customer they know it's their order and I'm not going to sell that car to someone else who paid more or who has a nicer trade, who decides to finance with me, etc.

Ok I'm done talking non stop, any more questions??
1999 Dodge "The Hanson Ferrari" Ram
charger500 is offline   Reply With Quote