wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
So what's the point of going turbo and dropping ~$5000 for what, a 50hp increase that blows hot air that you can't even use for extended periods. The stage one kit is as horrible as that electronic supercharger junk. That's like ordering a steak dinner and only being able to eat the sides.

Not sure what your point in arguing with me is. I will stand to say that the stage 1 setup is just not worth it. I do like the kit though. ONLY in stage 2 format. Not even sure why they'd even attempt to sell a stage 1.

A turbo kit with no IC on a car that is known to run hot is just asking for disaster. Unless you're into wanting to drop $5k for a setup that can only be used spurts at a time, run race fuel, e85, or setup a 5 gallon tank of methanol controlled by an Aquamist, by all means, go for it.
You just don't get it, do you? IAT's and underhood temperatures aren't directly corellated at all. You're drawing connections that just aren't there.

It's also a $3300 kit, not $5k.

Where does the kit boost pressure land on the efficiency island? Do you even know which turbo it is (specifically, not just GT28)?

Get logs showing that IAT's are dangerous in street driving (even spirited), and I'll listen. Until then, you're just yammering on without an evidence at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (04-30-2015), D_Thissen (09-17-2016), R3NIK (04-30-2015), raven1231 (05-01-2015)