View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
Student Driver

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Series 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
CSG Mike: maybe alignment/camber (which i doubt you running stock) plays role in clearance? Also width aside, his wheels are also of high sidewall and R16. +5.7%/1.4" diameter. You probably have more reasonable sidewall profile to go along the wider width.
So it looks like "meaty tires" in addition to flushness/stance (who knows, possibly also stretch, depending on wheel width) from "looks trends" are prioritized .. i wonder why performance/comfort matters at all for him.
I think he probably just has a tight budget at the moment and is trying to go for a happy medium between function and form. Assuming he no longer has his stock suspension, he may not be able to sell/trade his coilovers without causing him an issue by not having suspension on the car for (x) amount of time. Some people like a nice balance between both performance for tearing up the back roads and looks for hard parking at a local meet. There is nothing wrong with that. And everyone has some sort of a budget so changing his setup just may not be a viable option for him at the moment.
Student Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Student Driver For This Useful Post:
slacker221 (05-11-2018)