Old 12-17-2016, 04:51 PM   #20
.RYAN
AWOLBRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
I was curious on this whole "chassis mounted" wing thing so I started doing some research. I found a thread on Track Junkies and posted it below. There is some pretty good data in there along with some valid arguments all before the thread goes sideways and the topic blurs....like most threads. lol. Anyway. They all seem to think the chassis mount is "a gimmick" for "street" cars and I tend to agree.

Please hear me out. I own a bunch of Velox products and do not doubt their engineering. However. There are a ton of trunk mounted wing options that do not distort the sheet metal. The swan neck seibon wing is MASSIVE. Speed Academy put one on their FRS and did not have problems with sheet metal. Even if there is sheet metal distortion there are easy ways to remedy this that will be far easier than developing a chassis mount setup. And the wing would probably sell better seeing as you don't have to cut into anything (aside from a few holes in the trunk.)

Just my 2 cents. I am but a mere design engineer that is over excited for a wing with data to be produced.

https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/4...ssis-mounting/
Speed Academy has the Voltex Swan Neck Wing.
.RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to .RYAN For This Useful Post:
Takumi788 (12-17-2016)