Old 03-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NESW20 View Post
yeah, my main point was it's better for the buyer if you haggle up from the invoice, instead of down from the sticker. i got my truck halfway between invoice and sticker, which i was proud of because i purchased it in November of '05. it's an '06, and at my time of purchase, it was "truck of the year", so the dealers knew there was high demand for them. it also wasn't on the lot, they had to do a dealer trade to get it for me.

wasn't easy, but i'm happy with the deal i got, heh.

and no, it wasn't a "latest-and-greatest" type purchase. i bought it when i needed it, hehe. for that matter, i STILL don't own an ipod of any kind. if that tells you something, haha. owned my MR2 for over 8 years now. i figure out what i like, buy it, and keep it.

-Mike
Yeah, I was adding additional comments to your reply, not calling you out. I had a similar situation when I bought my 05 Tacoma but in Sept of 04. Since there weren't too many available on the lot and they wouldn't even let me test drive an X-Runner unless I had a deposit on one, I knew my chances of bargining were slim. I just sold my GSR so I needed a car and the timing was perfect.

I went through all the Toyota dealerships in San Diego and none of them would show me the invoice. It wasn't until I went to the Long Beach and LA Toyota dealerships that I started to get somewhere. I went to South Coast Toyota, Huntington Beach Toyota, Longo, Toyota of Glendale, and Norwalk Toyota fleet service managers to get the envoice price on both the truck itself and on the packages or options. (those are invoiced too)

It wasn't until I went to Carson Toyota, near Compton (the mecca) and finally was able to drive my super white 4x4 dbl cab TRD Offroad, w/tow package home. I originally wanted the white Sport model but they weren'te getting one for another 2 weeks.

Gloria Rincon from fleet sales... she kind of reminded me of Sarah Palin!

I wonder if she still works at Carson Toyota and could probably hook up an FT...