Old 04-17-2019, 07:21 AM   #22
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
The alternator only charges the battery, but you should be able to drive for three miles with no alternator, so I don’t think that would fix your issue.

I would pull a spark plug and have someone turn over the motor and check for spark. If that is good then I would pull the fuel rail feed line, get a bucket and a hose and test for fuel output. If you lack output then check the line going to the fuel pressure regulator. If no output, and you said you replaced the fuel filter already, then consider the fuel pump. You can pull the pump and bench test it in a bucket or just replace it.

Fuel, compression and spark. The basics should be easily diagnosed.
I know the alternator went fix it. I went to test without it yesterday but I had a blown fuse too so I called it a night. I know the pump flows, at least it did because it generated pressure and coughed gas all over my engine bay when I was testing a while back. If it's reliably putting out enough pressure is the question.. So I guess in that, it could be the regulator or the pump. I'll check spark again just to be sure it's still there
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote