View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #131
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
toast: In your example i wouldn't use the CX-5 sensor if i had no means to find out for sure, that it's same sensor. If they only look same from outside, but i have no means to find out their electrical specs or that they are indeed very same specific bosch sensor (eg. by specific bosch markings on it regarding part model/specs), i shouldn't automatically assume that they are same because it seems so or i want to believe as that would justify less spendings.
Back to this particular kit. My bad, i apologize for that, i didn't read throughout all pages of thread (or forgot beginning, if i had read thread in past). Corrected my mistake and reread all pages from beginning. This is about front-only willwood wrx kit that people installing for weight savings and bias thing is dealt with assumption that if we have stock wrx brakes front and this kit was meant to keep bias same to stock wrx rears then it won't change bias on ours too, right? That sounds to me safe enough (apart from willwood rep mentioning that this has less thermal capacity, so should be used only for DD/autocross, not for track abuse, which should just kept in mind considering planned usage). Due not reading all thread this bit slipped from me and in my mind this thread meshed with other swap threads like those of different brembos swap from other subbies or cadillac just for branding/looks and such.
I guess my mistake was me lighting up seeing that people mostly mentioned in later posts pro swap reasoning only "works for heavier car, will work for ours", "i have no data, but from few stops it seemed that it's better". Such reasonings alone seem to me utterly wrong, hence i hastily flamed about importance of ensuring same bias for safety reasons. Not reasoning of "same bias as fronts only kit from car with same stock front brakes as our stock ones". And back to O2 sensor example .. even if it is for different part and eg. reduces performance or life of engine .. that still sounds to me way more acceptable/safer then blindly modifying brakes. I just had missed bit that this was rare not "blind" swap, unlike several others here for branding/looks reasons alone, looking just for lowest cost and boltability while ignoring safety. Though if this kit had been for all four wheels, then this swap wouldn't feel safe enough to me to perform, as some BBK offerings are designed to work right only with own according parts as set, not with stock brakes on other end, unless someone does proper full testing (most normal car owners don't have means/time/funds/ways to do unlike vendors/manufacturers) to ensure not shifted bias.
Luckily i noticed highlighted front brake system bit in your post which made me correct my misunderstanding.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote