Old 01-25-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Cool read. Kinda the basics.

Would have been cool if you included types of turbos and turbo setups like you did for types of superchargers. And maybe talked about sizes of superchargers and turbos comparing dynos. I would say that turbo selection is much more complicated than supercharger selection because of the sizes on compressor and exhaust housings plus type plus performance.

Would have also been cool if you mentioned electric forced induction too because it is a popular type.

Also, if this is a generic guide then a basic discussion of typical supporting mods would be good for newbies to know. If it is specific to the FA20 then the list could include at what general hp or boost level it is suggested to have supporting fuel mods and at what power might a built motor be required. That will also change opinions on what type of boost they have the budget for.

Maybe in a follow up you can talk about fuel/oxygen/cooling e85, nitrous, meth injection, water injection and octane fuels considering these are often used with forced induction or could be used alternatively to forced induction, and could influence someone's ultimate decision when choosing to modify their car.

Lastly, I would add to the positive list for turbos section that boost can be easily controlled and modified with a boost controller meaning it is possible to have a car that can have multiple levels of power at the turn of a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Irace86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86 For This Useful Post:
The Sentinel (01-25-2017)