View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #361
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
I'm actually surprised the new twin doesn't come with a sunroof or full leather interior option to go with its upscaling agenda, and maybe add a lumber support too while at it.
There are a few items I miss and can't have in my BRZ. The moonroof, which I have enjoyed in every car for the last 20 years, is the most obvious, among a few others. But the designers have said out front that the moonroof was not possible due to the effect it would have had on the center of gravity. That was a design consideration that every option had to be measured against in order to keep our sports car light on its feet and nimble in its movements. Full leather was not a weight issue, but the alcantara panels keep our butts from sliding around on those curves. Likewise, no heavy electric motors for eight-way power seats. Though the lumbar support would have been wonderfully welcome and of no consequence weightwise, right?

So whenever you pine for some feature we can't have, think of the COG and weight issues first, and take a little cold comfort from it.