View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 08:52 PM   #25
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I mean I've done it both ways on the VW 888, reuse seals, install new seals, results were the same, except with the hassle of installing new seals. The SST in the brz/86 manual are kinda interesting, the big disc to shrink it back down seems dumb, I learned to do it on the Aprilia DiTech like 15 years ago with a piece of hose and a hose clamp. It gently, softly and uniformly clamps down on the seal to shring it back onto the groove. The Aprilia injector was an absolute pain in the butt, one teflon ring and 4 o-rings all had to be perfect or that crap would not even start, and you're working that thing down in the body of a scooter.

But hey, I haven't had to deal with the twins injectors, mine is fine and they're not really popular cars here thanks to winter, but the injector looks a lot like it's got the same design as the usual Bosch deal (aside from the little taper thing). Either Subaru went bonkers on the tolerance for the hole, or there really is something to the injector itself. I mean, BMWs are a bitch to come out, but that's carbon, they go in fine, no freezer shennanigans.
Attached Images

RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RZNT4R For This Useful Post:
blsfrs (10-25-2022), Ultramaroon (10-25-2022), villainous_frx (10-25-2022)