View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:32 AM   #1
Drake_93

Drives: 10-Series Turbo FR-S #2483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fury, 10-series revival DD | AutoX

I'm Drake, I study Digital Science at Kent State, and I drive a boosted 10-series FRS.
Suppose now is a good time as ever to start the build journal.

This is Fury, my daily-driven, boosted, 10-series, FR-S.
I bought her January 7th '18, with 56,000mi. and a lot of mods already done:
SBD 400x Turbo (7.5lbs)
Perrin 3" non resonated Catback
FBM Oil cooler
Radium Auto Dual Catch-Can
ACT 6 Puck
20/25mm Spacers
Swift R Spec Lowering Springs
I was looking for an 86 over winter break last year and this one happened to be 3 hours away, my only leads on the car?
It was previously registered in Maryland, repod, and the kit was probably installed at Moto-East, from an old blog post about an SBD install on a 10-series.
I landed a job for the coming semester and decided to pull the trigger. Drove down to look at the car, inspecting everything with a fine lens to spot any failures, and mistakes.
After test driving and inspecting the car for almost an hour, I decided to sign the papers on the possibly the biggest used car gamble ever.
Not to be too cliche but the rest is pretty much history, over the past year I've put nearly 20k on the pavement and only really done standard maintenance.
Now I'm looking to start pushing the envelope and making Fury, more my car, not just something I found.

Incoming mods include:
Varis Arising II front bumper (needs paint)
Nur spec Wing (pending trunk swap)
Knowledgeable Tune (searching for Ecutek hardware)
Enkei Compe 16x8 Wheels (saving)
Firehawk Indy 500 225/50
DRIVER MOD

I am part of Kent State University Car Club (KSUCC), and spend a bit of my free time trying to AutoX.
Last season was my first ever with only 2 events, this year I'm trying to make it monthly.
I'm really excited to start documenting the build, and of course making this a little cleaner.
Pointers are welcome.
Instagram: @FRS_Drake
I do post more often over there, but I want to make a more official journal here.

Last edited by Drake_93; 02-09-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Drake_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake_93 For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (02-07-2019)