View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #1898
zygrene

Drives: 1991 Formula Red NSX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I test drove the auto 2013 GenCoupe 2.0T Premium today while my dad test drove the 2.0T R-Spec manual. He hasn't driven manual in almost 10 years, but was able to drive the GTI fairly smoothly about 2 months ago. But he stalled multiple times trying to get the Genesis going. Maybe it's just the new clutch + him being rusty, but I do recall reading that the car's clutch doesn't engage all that well.

Anyhow, when I drove the auto 2.0T, it just wasn't impressive in the ways I want a sports car to feel. It's quick, sure, but there's so little feedback from car to driver. I just mashed the pedal and hit 80mph in no time, but didn't realize how fast I was going until I looked at the speedo. It just wasn't an engaging drive. It really felt like I was driving a fat boat. Also, there was a bit of rev lag after I lifted my foot off the throttle. Not sure if that's normal or not. In any case, I didn't feel like the GC was a driver's car. It's just too big and heavy, and the weird front end styling and terrible rear seat head room didn't help. I didn't test the 3.8, but I don't think it's going to be much better. I was able to get a great offer on the 2.0T R-Spec, just under $24k before TTL, but I'm probably going to end up getting a 2011 Audi A3 2.0T with Premium Plus and S-Line sport package. It obviously doesn't have the power of the GC, but it's more practical, smaller and lighter, and probably more fun to drive. And it looks amazing. It's FWD, but I'm okay with that for now. I will probably get a BRZ STI in a few years if the price is right.
zygrene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zygrene For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (05-06-2012)