Old 02-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #146
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I don't think it is advertising itself as great value at all levels of power.

Anyone who wants more than 350 whp w/ typical torque (torque is what matters) for the street needs to build the motor and build the transmission, or replace the transmission somewhat often, or swap a transmission. If someone wants to heavily track the car then they will probably need to build the engine and transmission at much less power levels. A K24/S2000 transmission swap will probably prove to be cheaper in the long run for track or street at those power levels, so I wouldn't exclude this swap for the street, especially if functionality is important.

If someone just wanted a bare bones track car then I could see going a different route than Motec if ABS, traction control, stability control, heater, etc all weren't needed. In that case, the Motec would be overkill, while still offering some tuning advantages.
For a track car you don't really"need" a turn key swap kit. Mounts and maybe a header. Everything else can be a mix of stock (Honda or subi) or off the shelf aftermarket stuff. The more stock functionality you want, the more complexity and expense is added
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote