NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Yeah in ST they have to go 2.5 hours but the secret to DI seals longevity is engine cooling and a proper tune. These motors run extremely hot. A oversized oil cooler is imperative.

If they raced the car in Pirelli then they would only have to go 40 minutes which would solve much of the reliability issue. The SkullCandy Nissan Altimas just switched to Pirelli and they are much more competitive there than they were in Conti ST.

I would be surprised if anyone in ST is getting 300HP out of their engines. I read an article in Road and Track or GRM a couple years ago where they were reviewing a competitive ST car and it was producing under 250HP. I don't think they have advanced to 300HP in just a couple years. I suppose I could be wrong but that seems to run contrary to the cost containment philosophy type of racing that these classes are known for.
The SkullCandy Nissan Altimas did win the BMW 200 or whatever it is called at Daytona a couple years ago. I don't think there is any way you are going to get 300 HP NA out of the FA20. I don't know the fuel restrictions or fuel cell size limitations for the ST class though since it is enudrance racing.