PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchilese View Post
I decided to try a new road today. I love East Bay roads and playing on CA35/9/1...I've done a run to Mt. Ham so often I'm the Yelp "Duke" of The Junction.

Today I went North. I went up to Lake Berryessa, near Napa.

The lake is gorgeous and I think it'd be a cool place to do a meet up this summer, maybe. The lake was azure, over which the wall of green trees led straight up to the cloudless blue sky. It was pretty breath-taking.

The roads near it were perfect for driving. Very well-maintained, and windy. They're banked too, so you kinda felt like a fighter pilot going back and forth, and around corners. But if you want to go further north and take the backroad to Clearlake...get a different car lol.

Well, this is the Berryessa/Knoxville road, not the highway. It starts out ok, but once you get a couple miles in you see a sign that says "rough road next 10 miles"...they're not kidding. To be honest, though if I had my wife's RAV4, it'd be fine. Shoot, if we had a Taurus (gotta show Ford some love) it'd be fine. It was just a bit hairy for the BRZ.

Multiple water-crossings, big rocks in the roadway, pavement that probably hasn't been re done in 10 years. It's "rough" for sure. It obviously wasn't anything the BRZ couldn't handle...but I don't think I'll be going back there with my car.

What made me the saddest was that I washed/clayed/sealed/waxed my car yesterday. lol. Oh well. That's what QuickDetailer's for, right!? Stopped for a couple pictures after the road got better.

Nice, I last drove that road about 10 years ago and been meaning to go back ever since I got the BRZ. One of these days...
And yeah the rough part you spoke of, it was rough 10 years ago too. The route feels like a rally stage. I broke a suspension part on my old car (MR2) out there. But the drive and the views were amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk