Old 10-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #666
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
I originally went passenger saddle pump to driver bucket and also return fuel from engine to bucket with of course bucket pump feeding engine......after thinking about it i decided that wasnt the way to go....i was worried about lower fuel levels and cavitation for that pump on the passenger side once the fuel gets lower as its not feeding anything but the bucket.....fuel helps cool the pump and lubricates impellar, runs dry early pump failure....wasnt sure either how the quantity floats would like it either.

So i went to both pumps feeding engine via a T fitting ensuring they alway have fuel to cool ,.....more than enough as no way it will ever need more draw than whats being pumped. Ideally probably this winter im going to install two small hydromats for each pump on both sides....its going to required dropping the tank and a lot of work.https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/
So instead of the passenger feeding the driver's side they both just feed up to the engine? 2 of the stock pumps would give you like a 500LPH+ rate. Definitely won't run out of fuel like that lol. Would you not still have the canister issue at low fuel levels though, or I guess each pump would only pull 1/2 as much and have twice as long to feed the engine...

I'm going to have to look into setting it up like that.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
The Following User Says Thank You to RedFR-s For This Useful Post:
cf6mech (10-06-2016)