View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #353
jayhoang

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
The wheels were the same as yours, just Mag Blue SLs(18x9.5 +40). With the spacers though, I was running a +16 offset.

The Todoroki's are 30mm wider so I was able to space the wheel out and have it further away from the frame rails; which I figured would be enough. The problem is the boxer engine; it's so wide that frame rails take up a lot of space underneath the front fenders.

Even with the spacers and calculating out the difference by getting extended LCAs, it still wouldn't be enough to clear the front fenders. I could MAYBE fit it with like -6 camber and 215/40s up front but even then it would be questionable and would cost be another $1,000 to get everything needed.

Too much money to spend on something that still probably wouldn't work; so I just said screw it and bought some temp wheels and started selling a bunch of stuff off haha
So without spacers, was it hitting something to begin with? Just trying to wrap my head around this as this is a fairly common size to run. Unless of course you're trying to achieve something other than just daily driving/occasional track days.

http://www.lifewithjson.com

Instagram: jayhoang
jayhoang is offline   Reply With Quote