Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #53
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I just swapped to resonated a couple of days ago. If you are completely stock except for the catback, then the non-resonated is the way to go. As soon as you get a full headerback, throw in headers, FI, intake, etc - the non-resonated starts to get somewhat old. Nowhere near the level of GReddy Evo3, but still too much for prolonged driving.

Even the OP (who is banned under that account but has since resurfaced a few times) eventually went to resonated after getting headers.

Alfalasy's video above is exactly the same experience I had between the two versions.

On that note, I have a non-resonated 2.5" Perrin midpipe that is now available. I have it up for sale for $150 if anyone is interested.

Also, anyone else notice that the Perrin V-Band Clamps are somewhat weak in the thread/nut? As I was removing the clamp, it started to get resistance halfway through the thread (even after spraying it with lube) and once I got it off I noticed that it wore out the thread in the middle. Fortunately, I was able to get it back on and past that point (the thread toward where it's secure was still fine). I'd expect this from $3 clamps, but these things retail for close to $30!
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote