View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Jhood

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited [6MT/SWP]
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Hesitation Under Partial Throttle!

Hey guys, sorry for the long post, but once again another sad thread by me trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my car. I have made the decision to finally sell the car this winter / next spring, it's just too much of a headache mixed with bad experiences from the aftermarket companies & shops. The thing is I'd like to finally get it running properly with this FI setup. Otherwise I will have to remove every aftermarket part off the car and sell them individually after I just trade the stock car in for KBB value. I'm currently running the entire FBM stage 1 kit (Bosch 550cc injectors, FBM 270 pump) with the GTX 28 turbo open dump, FBM radiator, Crawford AOS with check valves and vented back into the turbo intake. Gauges & BOV are connected to a vacuum distribution block that's tapped into the brake booster line. The wastegate is then tapped into the silicone coupler right after the turbo using an ATP Turbo-Tap. Currently running the FBM basemap at 7psi, with some revisions done by LJ.

The issue is that when it is warm the cars idle fluctuates from 750-1300 at stop lights (not always though). Pulling off in 1st gear is like I'm continuously applying and removing my foot from the gas pedal, it gets pretty bad. 2nd gear and up smooths out, but my AFR gauge is all over the place and I can feel the hesitation if partial throttle or just cruising along. The instant I slam the pedal down to WOT, the AFR stays pinned at 11-11.5, boost spools up smoothly and the car rips down the road just fine.

The car has never once ran right since I installed the FBM stg 1 kit. Yes, the installation is correct, I had No Limit Motorsports check over every inch of it after I installed it. It's been vacuum leak and boost leak tested by them and again by myself. The fuel pump has been removed and O-rings changed out multiple times. I dealt with the never ending exhaust leak problem due to the kits downpipe & manifold having bent flanges, along with the 3 other replacements that were sent until we got it together completely, but now it is good. I was told by No Limit that the tune was the reason for the hesitation in the car. LJ did many revisions for me and got it driveable, but the hesitation is still there. So I bought Delicious Tuning's Flash & Go tune, only to then not even be able to drive the car with it installed. DT responded by telling me that 100% there is a mechanical issue with the car, possibly a direct injection issue? Asked them twice how to find out for sure & I never received an answer back.

So now we have 1 tuner saying the logs look completely normal, the other tuner saying it's mechanical, and my shop saying it's absolutely the tune. So basically I might as well have taken the $10,000+ I've spent and shoved it up my ass.

In all seriousness, I'm willing to test any theories out. Please chime in with any help you can offer, I appreciate it. I will upload a few logs tonight if it helps.

*Added logs =
The first one seems to show it best

FBM Highway Cruising Hesitation
FBM 1st-2nd-3rd Driving
DT Hybrid 2nd-3rd Gear Driving

Last edited by Jhood; 12-06-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Jhood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jhood For This Useful Post:
aaguirre123 (11-25-2015)