View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #87
LostSalad

Drives: Toyota 86 - Charcoal Grey
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1point4 View Post
Thank you. Yes please replace the clip. The line could move and get knicked by something and you may lose all your brake fluids.
I just want to make 100% sure we're on the same page here. By replacing it - I did not mean to just fit it again - but to get a new one entirely. Can I put back the one that I took out, or does it have to be a fresh one?

Also I see that you have screenshots from the service manual. I found the topic linking it but both mirrors (mediafire, 4shared) are no longer available. Do you know of any alternative mirrors or is there any chance that you could share it somehow?

EDIT: is it necessary to put thread-locker on the caliper mounting bolts? I am not 100% sure about this - do you know if the new OEM bolts come pre-loaded with thread-locker?

EDIT EDIT: while I'm busy here, I might as well ask lol. The mounting bolts are tight - but like... ****ing tight. I broke my socket wrench trying to loosen it with copious amounts of penetrating fluid and some hammering. So following some advice I managed to loosen the front ones by turning the wheels to clear some space and using a longer bar. BUT - there is hardly any space to work in the back wheel wells. How are you supposed to use a breaker bar to get them loose?? My plan at the moment is to use the brakes hard enough to get everything hot and then try to loosen it... Would you say it makes sense to take it to a shop with an impact gun - have them loosen it to break the rust - then re-tighten to be worked on later? Effort I know, but I'm getting a bit out of ideas.

Thanks

Last edited by LostSalad; 06-30-2015 at 05:24 PM.
LostSalad is offline   Reply With Quote