View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #33
enigma

Drives: Asphalt 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still not done... The black octopus of intercooler piping is going to be the death of me.

Did a coolant flush while I was under the car (had to put the new thermostat in anyways), though, so that's good.

Re-routing hosing to make room... (I know my engine bay is a mess... it's my year-round daily and Heartland Park throws up lots of rocks )

OCTOPUS EVERYWHERE!

Test fitting the manifold... (and realizing that much of my IC piping was resting in the wrong locations and needed to be moved around)

Overall, it's been taking a bit longer than expected. The majority of the hoseclamps for the IC piping BARELY fit, making every single hose fitting an exercise in patience and wiggling the clamp back and forth. I also had to make another trip to the hardware store to pickup some bolts to mount the IC water pump to the bracket as none of the bolts I had were long enough.

Instruction packet has been a bit of a pain as it's a combination of LHD/RHD instructions and pictures, so most of the actual pictures are flipped, making tracking exact hose locations a pain. These are early days for this kit, though, so it's not surprising and I can't really be mad at Cosworth seeing as their primary test bed was RHD.

Have about 3 1/2 hrs free today to try and finish this bad boy. Going to try and mount my Perrin Oil Cooler today too, which made me realize that the heat exchanger out front will now say COSWO instead of COSWORTH, seeing as my oil cooler will block it. :p

Might be done today, but wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow!
enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enigma For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (04-09-2015)