View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
jonbonazza

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I know it has been a while since my last update. Apologies. Anyway, this past weekend I took the time to install my Jackson Racing oil cooler. Mother was in town so I was in a scramble to get int installed, so no pics, really.

Anyway a couple things I learned about the JR OC for NA applications:

1) It DOES NOT fit with the AEM intake. Luckily, I still had my OEM one lying around, so I swapped it in. Unfortunately, somewhere along my move to SoCal, I seem to have lost the little screws that go to the MAF sensor. After going to three different locations looking for replacements, I ended up having to just order them from the dealer. Only $2 and some change so no biggie, but the MAF is currently zip tied until they come in. XD

2) Recently helped my room mate @juliog install the same OC on his car and it turns out that the fitment is a little snug when paired with the larger Koyo radiator. In the end, we had to use some zip ties to force the oil lines towards the front of the car, as they were chafing on one of the AC condenser brackets otherwise.

All in all, install was very straightforward and instructions were very clear. Just make sure that you have all of the necessary tools a head of time so that you don't have to scramble to find what you need during the install.

Next track day is Nov. 8, so I will be able to get some oil temp readings then.
jonbonazza is offline   Reply With Quote