Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #31
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Beating a dead horse I know but if it is going to be for show then finish the job as ashiu said things like filling the rivets will go a long way to gaining acceptance. If used for practical race purposes slap that kit on and rivets and off colour be damned. If for show finish the job, fill the rivets and smooth out the seems and paint 'er up.
I have always advocated "it is your car do as you please" but when people do as they please and then get pissy when others don't drool over it that is when they place themselves in peril of criticism.

Rice is in the eye of the beholder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Why is everyone acting like this car only has 2 purposes: for show and for street driving?

I drift my FRS with a wide angle steering kit, and I'm currently looking at wide fenders/widebody kits because my tires rub on both the fenders and fender liners on full lock. And in 'track mode', I use wider tires that also rub in the turns.

So all you guys who just stand there looking pretty next to your car can complain about how ricey it is, while those of us who actually use our cars will buy these kits without giving a shit what you think.
Think there may be more supporters of the race crowd that you realize there Camp.
Yours is the perfect reason to install a kit and even with it on there raw (no paint, exposed rivets, etc) it should never, ever, be called "rice" since it is there for a very specific reason. In fact a kit installed on a tracked car is the very definition of "anti rice" in my books.
whataboutbob (01-13-2016)