humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,818 Times in 16,426 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianfrs View Post
Thanks humdrz!

The thing is, they already re-sealed the timing cover and it's still leaking. Now, they're saying they have no idea where's the leaking coming from. I'll keep looking on here. And, yes. I'm definitely been relax and patient with the advisor. No need to be aggressive haha

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
My suspicion is that "they" do more damage to the block and timing chain cover by removing it, than they do good by trying to reseal it.

It appears that the two parts are made of aluminum and glued together pretty darn tight. So, either of the pieces could easily be damaged by "prying" them apart.

Maybe the manufacturer has a "special tool" they use ....... but I doubt it. They probably use a small crowbar and/or a fat screwdriver, which could easily leave a section of the aluminum stressed or grooved.

Since this leak is relatively small and not likely to get larger and not dripping on anything significant ....... I would be tempted to just leave it be......

Obviously, I do not have an OCD problem.

Back-in-the-day many of us drove cars with various oil leaks ....... and as long as it wasn't leaking on the clutch disk or the brake shoes or leaking more than a quart a month ....... we just drove on .......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
LaertesSon (05-12-2016)