View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:59 AM   #185
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@KoolBRZ
I had spare time to do some measurements.
I think they may be unreliable. Currently, my Dump pack is out of the car and the batteries are getting tested. While I am able to test the signal voltage, the ESC spins a little while powered only by the 12V power suppy. I am unable to test drive to log full boost. I need to test drive because I found an unexpected result (The second result). The procede map I loaded (SOJHINNrev2) that I thought had full boost, did not have full signal voltage. Unfortunately, at the time I drove it and had full boost, I did not measure the voltage signal. I have loaded other maps since. I need to test drive to confirm what boost it produced with the current loaded map.

The measurements were done while the car engine was off. To ensure a full signal, I had the laptop connected to the Procede and depressed the accelerator fully. I entered 100 (full boost) in the cell that corresponded. Yes, the rpm was zero. I don't know if zero rpm effects the procede signal.

Measured voltage signal to ESC control box.
5.21V --- Full throttle switch (not using procede)
4.05V --- SOJHINNrev2 uncalibrated (default) throttle input 0-1023
4.03V --- SOJHINNrev2 calibrated throttle input 156-833
3.94V --- SOJHINNrev2 manually entered throttle input 156-1023
3.96V --- SOJHINNrev2 manually entered throttle input 156-818

As I said, I need to test drive to test the difference in boost between the throttle switch and procede map. I can do this on the fly by flicking a switch and it clearly shows any difference in maximum boost.
Also, while the car was stationary, it was very awkward to do these measurements with a voltmeter in the footwell of the car, sharing the space with a laptop. I don't want to wire up a method to measure signal voltage while driving

Hopefully next week I will have the dump pack sorted and may be motivated to try further...
keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
KoolBRZ (06-25-2016)