View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #41
BRZ61

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Forester XT/ WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi. Did the thermal exhaust wraps on the flex hoses and the collector solve the rattling problem entirely?
Did borla come out with an explanation as to cause of the rattling? Is it because of the flex hoses entirely or is the collector or is it both? I appreciate their effort in replacing the unit and hope they will extend the same to me but what is their official statement regarding the root cause of the problem so we can be guided and be able to check.
At around 2000-2500rpm, the rattling sound on mine seems to come from the collector. So i dismantled the uel header examined the collector area. there were no evident cracks on the outside of the collector nor inside the collector where the four tubes meet. The welds inside and outside look all intact. But when I shook it really hard, the rattle sound came from the flex hose area... The flex hoses seem to have ample clearance so there is no direct binding of the two overlapping tubes... So i'm wondering if it's the flex hoses that are really causing the rattle despite the rattling sound coming from the collector area...
BRZ61 is offline   Reply With Quote