Old 04-03-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
choiboie

Drives: 2013 Fr-S UltraMarine
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdabomb View Post
I have a similar problem with my 2013 BRZ Limited manual. I got the OFT on April 2 and auto-updated it with OpenFlash Manager on Windows 10. I then plugged it in and went to Tuning > Toyota > GT86 > [ZN6] 2000 D4-S 200 HP FA20 > Read. At the prompt to key on and confirm, I did so and pressed OK. These screens then flash rapidly:

Communicating with ECU
Please wait...

Preparing to Read
Please wait...

An error occurred
while reading data from ECU
Please try again.

I've also done the process with the engine already running, but with the same result. Here's a video of two attempts of that:

https://vid.me/if6h

Overall, I'd tried it about 6-10 times with the same error each time. This thread recommended disconnecting the battery, so I tried that (both poles) but still get the same result despite multiple tries. I also checked the pins on both ends of the provided ODB-II cable as well as the OBD-II port on the car and they all look straight to me.

One thing that does work is the Diagnostics screen. I'm able to see real-time statistics (e.g. RPM, throttle percentage) as the car runs.

Any ideas on how I can get the OFT to read the ECU so I can proceed with the tune?

PS: The car is stock so I'm looking to do the off-the-shelf (OTS) stage 1 tune for 91 octane (California).
I'm taking my car into the dealer this week..for oil change. But told them my idle is acting funky so they'll check the ecu

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
choiboie is offline   Reply With Quote