View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
peaches

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
possible bad obd connection, see if oft will do diagnostics or access ecu info on another 86 car, dont do read ecu or write ecu just diagnostics or read info.

make sure cable is plugged into oft at oft end.

some cars have suspect obd ports, will something like a blutooth obd adapter work in obd port or obd scanner, i think it port unless oft is stuffed
I have heard some cars have faulty ports, especially the first ones. Never used the port until today, we'll see what happens from now on. It seems the ECU was in a strange state, I went to the dealer on saturday so I don't know if they did something.

My idle was dropping too much when I coasted to a stop and had the AC on, I asked the dealer to check the ECU version but they said it had the latest, no updates were done according to their report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theadmiral976 View Post
Good to hear the car still starts. I know you said you double-checked your OBD2 connection but is there any visual evidence of a bent or dislocated pin in either the cable or the connector on the car? A mirror might be helpful in looking at the car-side port.
Didn't check to see if any of the pins was bent, will do that if I continue to have issues.
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote