View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Something fishy about this whole story.. It seems like some Car and Driver journalist got some random opinion from some sales person or manager and decided to write about it.. Then because it's in C&D, we pick it up, and now other places pick it up.. For example.. it's on Autoblog now as well.

This seems like it's all speculation to me..

We've already learned that its 540 per month from May to Nov. so that's around 3800 cars. That would leave just 2200 more from December through say August? That's like 9 months so it would be around 245 per month for the rest of the 13 model year run. That doesn't seem right to me?

I'd be more likely to believe that they've upped production from the 540 per month to more like 800 per month for the rest of the 2013 Calender Year.

Still.. production levels are somewhat fluid until you get to about 3 months out... When they get inside that window it's gets to hard to adjust workforce, supply chain and other factors. So it wouldn't surprise me if they have already decided they like the demand indicators and are planning to up production for the second half of the 2013 calender year... I seriously doubt they are planning to cut production in half from December to August.. that just doesn't make sense to me.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote