View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #20
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
FWIW, this is a video of my STS CRX vs my FR-S that was on stock suspension, bars, springs, shocks with 17x9 BFG Rival-S. Car had all the bolt on engine mods without a cat or a tune. As the grip went up on the concrete side, the car started feeling more sluggish when changing directions, which was expected.

As others have stated, the wheels/tire combination offer a lot alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowroa View Post
PAX speaking, the current DS PAX is soft for the <16 FRS/BRZ, in my opinion. STX is a little tougher.

The original question you are asking is a value question. What do you value?

It seems strange that you bought the car as an autoX toy and would be considering a setup for the car that would make it less competitive (without a lot more setup). If you are not interested in doing the full STX setup, and this is an autoX toy, then NO, you should not do the UEL.

In this specific instance, all or nothing. If this is just a car you enjoy, then do as you wish.

- brian
Thanks for the insights, but I think now that I know exactly which car I'm going to be driving... I'm just going to do brake pads and tires and get to know the car this season. I'm getting super excited for some warm weather!... in 2 months
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imnotsureaboutbrz For This Useful Post:
dowroa (03-01-2017)