View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #233
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistople View Post
I had another great Turn 2 event at RMP on Friday. Set a new PB of 2:01.09 on a hot track with extremely cycled-out SX2s! I only have the datalog from the lap, but here are a few laps in the ~2:02-2:03 range to give some idea of that the new Jackson Racing kit is like at the ridge. The track got quite greasy so I couldn't beat my time after the second session.

I'm still super wary in turns 1 and 4 since I've had a few heart-in-throat moments in the wet there recently. I'm still building up the courage to carry more speed into 1 and to get back on the power earlier out of 4. I'm only taking about 85-90 into 1, where I think 90-95 is doable even on these tires. Given that I'm going 128mph into the braking zone, everything happens faster than it did NA. Go figure.

According to @CSG Mike, the RE71Rs I have sitting in the shed should yield a 3 to 3.5 second faster lap (~1:58?). I guess we'll find out if that's true in a few weeks!

For reference, that's a 987 Cayman S in front of me. He was probably 1 to 1.5 seconds faster around a lap on stickier rubber. Nice to be able to hang with a Porsche.

I'll be at RMP again on Aug 3rd, and at Area 27 on Aug 23rd.
New personal best is always fun. Nice. Given you are 128 on the front straight when are you shifting Into 6th? For me when I need 6th it's end of the straight so I just hold top of 5th into T1.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote