View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 PM   #935
Kylebrz

Drives: 2013 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I'd advise any future installs to have their tuner set the fuel cutoff at 7000 rpm.
Efferalgan setting his at 7500 and having multiple failures is a pretty strong clue. Also, make sure you use the proper viscosity traction fluid.
Mine was set at 7200 mine was a direct failure from shock the first time the engineer said it was a peice destine to fail and said they all will eventually cause the design... i think thats why rotrex have there shit figured out on the drive side... they dont use a threded cap with a oil sling. They have a longated hole that the drive side seats into it is also lighter rotating assembly. The second time mine failed was a bearing issue no install issues since i pretty much rebuilt everything on this kit (redesigned) the flaws and a bearing ended up letting the turbine wheel hit the housing and snapped the shaft... also the shaft has a failure point aswell. Cross etched to break under stress....

the first time it broke it was 13k on it and second time was only got 8k then the third time i got 17k on it... i went to turbo cause i can rebuild my turbo for 100 bucks and its reliable and i dont have to fuck with pulleys and belts and i dont have any lag cause the ball bearing turbos are awesome... so in my books it has the upperhand i just hipe i can save someone the mistake i make by wasting a shit ton of money on this kit

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Kylebrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kylebrz For This Useful Post:
Efferalgan (08-28-2019)