Old 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Profession advice list

I know there is a thread about age and profession but this seems like this it will actually serve a purpose rather than just serve curiosity.

We should all, or not if you are a secret agent, put our name(for an IM) and profession on a list that will be updated for each person who ads in their info.
Then if you have a question about plumbing you can just run down the list and see if a plumber is on it and ask away. I know Google turns up a lot of answers but since I've gotten
a lot of help in here even on non car related stuff, it seems a nice idea to help out fellow 86ers.
Don't put your name on if you don't want to be bothered and if you want it off at any time you just post a new list with the copied and pasted list with your name off it, easy.
I was reading a current thread about insurance rates and it seems that most if not all the questions that would come up could be swiftly made by finding an car insurance person.
There are auto detailers in here, carpenters, pilots, etc. Everybody has some good info even if it is how to cook french fries to perfection.

So if this seems like a good idea, I will start...if not then I guess, it will die. Just copy the list, add your info and paste. No comments are needed but it doesn't hurt either, maybe a small quick 4 or 5 words to specify
what kind of work is done. We can just click that member link and go right to an IM with the question.
I made something similar like this for a gun website with Microsoft Excel that is used to find different types of scopes and rings that you have used on different types of one manufacturers .22 rifles to make selecting new scope/rings on a new gun easier.
It works much better than just copying and pasting but if there is enough interest, I would do the same with this. It also has a form in Google docs that made submission easy and puts all the info directly to the Excel document for anybody to use.

I made one above that is an example but that can be edited out right away when this takes off, if it even does.

French fry cook -------- Zeek Smith -------- French fry and onion ring master chef
concrete and travertine pavers, acrylic decking ------- @Impureclient ------- pool deck, driveway, walkway, patio
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-04-2017)