Old 10-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #3585
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Non-car related: I'm in IT Management (Development/Applications) - is the job market still decent or is the competition tough? I know I'll be getting a salary decrease but I'm hoping the cost of living more than makes up for it.
Depends on the places you want to work. From a "desperate and need work" level, you should be able to find a job; Austin is fast becoming a hot-spot for IT and development work. Competition-wise, it depends. A lot of start ups are in Austin, so age can be seen as a deterring factor; however, there are a lot of more "traditional" companies like IBM, HP, etc. that may be more inclined for experienced hires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Finally, location - I've got a 10 year old so education is an important factor. Leaning towards Eanes ISD but open to any other suggestions. Would like to stay close to downtown.
Like someone else mentioned, it will be difficult to hit your price/size range on housing in that location and with that sort of school quality requirement. I've lived in North and South Austin. South is a bit more... "cul-de-sac," and outdoors-y for lack of a better term, while North still gives you a bit of that city living experience being close to Round Rock, Pflugerville, etc. Unfortunately though, if you work downtown or have to commute, you will have to join all the other working people that do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottemad123 View Post
I'd be at the race if it wasn't for our dog needing to be taken care of. (old can't hold it more than 4 hours). So I'll be chilling watching with beer on the couch.
I completely didn't realize how long these races were when I bought my Sunday ticket. Wanna have a little corgi puppy join you for a few hours? LOL (jk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
I'll be at F1 this weekend. 8th row back in the Grand Stand. My soon to be father in law bought us tickets. It will be my first race in my life, ever.... I can't wait.
First race for me, too! I'm at Turn 4 Row 8 on Sunday.