Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #32
Mooseknuckle44

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
I saw that yesterday with a motorcycle. The guy was doing 60 mph down the road, just sitting 5 feet off the bumper of the car in front of him. There was plenty of room to go around, which makes me think he just wasn't paying attention. If the car had had to stop, the motorcycle rider would be paste. At least he was wearing a helmet with his shorts and t-shirt, that way the coroner can identify the remains.
Something I believed in thoroughly was wearing the right gear. Helmet, gloves, boots and a jacket. ALWAYS. If I was going out specifically for mountain twisties and general stupidity I put on my full leathers. Just back and forth to work Jeans would suffice as I typically wasn't being too stupid. But I rode real bikes, none of this cruiser crap. And before the hating starts on that last comment let me say this. I owned a 99 Nomad 1500(Harley in Kawi clothing for those that don't know) and it was a ton of bricks, slow, boring POS in my opinion. Beautiful bike but on a 1-10 scale of FUN, it was a 0.
As I stated earlier I rode pretty wrecklessly in most people's eyes but some of that "wrecklessness" was my desire to be in front. I do not like not being ale to see what's coming.

So the guy you saw riding 5 feet from the car in front of him has OBVIOUSLY never had some object on the road appear out of no where. Because it's nearly impossible to see the stuff in front of the car in front of you. If I was EVER on someone's ass I was over on the yellow line so I could see around them and prepare to pass. And I often passed whenever I could, dotted line or not. The further I distanced myself from traffic the safer I felt.

The FRS affords me the same lack of forward vision as my bikes did and maybe even worse. Only problem is it doesn't have the quick spinnup to pass as easily as the crotch rockets did. So I hang back now in the 2-4 second zone. Usually.
Mooseknuckle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mooseknuckle44 For This Useful Post:
LXXXV1 (04-30-2014)