Old 06-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #56842
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
just watched Solo........if you think about it he found a new short-cut......so he did do it in less distance
As a "han shot first"-type of star wars fan, it bothers me so much that they canonized the stupid EU kessel run stuff.

To me, that line was supposed to establish to the viewer that Han is a bullshit artist just saying impressive-sounding words to dazzle Obi-Wan and Luke into buying his services. Han is supposed to be this fast-talking, self-centered smuggler on the run who only looks out for himself (and maybe Chewie...). It makes sense that he would bullshit about his ship, it makes sense that he'd shoot Greedo before he has a chance to do anything to put Han in more danger.

To make the kessel run quote literal (and making Greedo shoot first), takes away a part of what makes Han's arc special. Han coming back to help the Rebels is special because its exactly the thing the old Han would never do. Truth-telling, only-shooting-in-self-defense, always-been-a-good-guy Han is way less interesting, at least in my opinion.

/nerdrant
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
IceFyre13th (06-04-2019), NoHaveMSG (06-04-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-04-2019), Spuds (06-03-2019)