View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #36
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djliquidsteele View Post
I don't get the animosity toward John on this. Completely uncalled for I think. If its not for you, its not for you. Done. I also don't get why so many people are weird about their ECU being locked by the tuner. I sure as hell don't want to get in there and mess around with it myself. Most of the EcuTek guys have free tunes for life and I'm even sure anyone of them would Dyno tune for you over IP.

Why would you want to "try" another tune? Just get with your tuner and say, this seems weird. Or I'd like it to do this or that. I'm sure anyone of the EcuTek tuners would be more than happy to oblige. EcuTek in general has all the features I need or will need for my upgrade path. I haven't seen anything non-EcuTek that is mind blowing. Price may be only small complaint but once you have it, you have it. But that being said, the car is so new, you gotta pay to play.
I don't see anything wrong with what @BEERzed was asking. If anything, I think John was more childish in his responses. However, putting that aside, what did you find wrong with what BEERzed was asking? They're perfectly valid questions.

What if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the ECUTek tune I was given? Let's say I took my car to a tuner shop to have it dyno tuned, to try and get a tad more power squeezed out. This shop uses something other than ECUTek. I decide later that I actually preferred the RaceROM features ECUTek offers, and try to flash back. I already bought the license, I bought the cable, and I bought the generic tune. So, why can't I flash back if I paid for everything?

I tend to agree with BEERzed, that I bought and paid for it...so why can't I experiment with other products and choose what I like the best. We're not stealing anyone's IP. Every tuner shop is going to prefer tuning with software and tools they are most comfortable with. It may not always be ECUTek. So, just because you can't imagine anyone not being happy with ECUTek...that doesn't mean someone else won't.

So, again, I ask you...what was wrong with BEERzed's questions? Where is the animosity you claimed he showed towards JV?
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TemeCal For This Useful Post:
Sonolin (02-26-2013)