Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #1892
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgerbc View Post
Same here. Test-drove '13 r-spec 2.0t today. I could only sit with the seat elevated almost to the max. Otherwise my elbow was hitting the center-console during shifts. Clutch was weird. I test-drive quite a bit of manual cars and usually have no problem taking off smoothly, with GC I couldn't. Exhaust tone annoyed me, steering response was quick but the car felt more 'boat-like' then Mustang GT w/o sport suspension. On top of that there was vibration in the steering wheel on the hwy. But what most surprised me - power felt weird. Either the car was filled with regular gas or there was quite a bit of turbo-lag. Turbo in my spec.b spools faster @3k rpm and pulls about the same in the mid-range. I was kind and didn't rev it above 5k, maybe it's more lively there.
Brakes felt nice. Shifter is unremarkable, did not annoy me, but didn't feel better than Subaru's 6mt short-throw one. So if BRZ purchase somehow falls through, it's not gonna be 2.0t GC for me. I'll try the '13 3.8 Track when I get a chance.
They must have ruined the suspension since people bitched and complain that the 2010-2012 models with the Track suspension was too harsh. Good thing I only like the 2010-2012 models.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote