Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZodizo View Post
Hi,

I recently swapped out my rear LCAs with SPC brand control arms. My dad installed them and we decided against installing the toe kit that came with them. After getting the car aligned, I notice an insane amount of bump steer when hitting even slightly uneven pavement. It feels as if I'm losing control of the vehicle for 1-2 seconds. We took it back to the same alignment shop for a test drive and the tech noticed the bump steer, but couldn't diagnose the cause of the problem. We've decided to keep the SPC control arms on and take it to another alignment shop to get a 2nd opinion.

For some background, my car is stock ride height. Other suspension parts include SPL front LCAs and SPL trailing arms, other than that completely stock. The car drove fine before installing the SPC LCAs.

Were the LCAs installed improperly, or maybe it was a bad alignment job? Or is this the nature of SPC rear control arms? Should we go back and install the toe kit that came with the control arms? Everything was even and in-spec on the alignment paper. If the next alignment shop can't fix the issue, I'll just replace the control arms with stock.
Do you have an alignment print out? How are the trailing arms set? Same length as stock?

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote