View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #146
JohnnyP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
Spent about an hour in the garage of the Toyota dealership with the lead tech looking into this issue and a few others like the cell phone on the passenger seat.
He had his laptop hooked up and it was good to see the actual PID data being passed to the ecu and being seen by the software. He reset the memory that was stored for the switch. We had the blinking auto lights and had to do the ten second reprogram on them.

Still have the issue of course. Got my hopes up. They tried to tell me at first that's how it's supposed to work. I told them if it does not work like I expect and how the other two switches do in the car then it's broken.

They are going to order me another switch. I am going to ask for the old one as I want to take it apart and look at the switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Just an FYI, any parts removed as a warranty replacement CAN'T be given back to the guest because Toyota has the option of recalling it from the dealer (usually to do exactly what you had in mind). If the dealer doesn't have the part to return, than they won't get reimbursed for any of the warranty repair. But hey, your dealer may be stoopid enough to do it anyways...
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote