Old 03-31-2020, 01:35 AM   #43
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
The idea that Porsche has reduced weight with each generation of Cayman/Boxster is false if you compare apples to apples. You have to look closely to see how they come up with their numbers. For instance the 718 has a fuel tank that is 4 gallons smaller than the 981 (and 987). But don't worry, the larger fuel tank is still available as cost option...
Yes true. Weight reduction is not something magic, but at least they offer such kind of options. In some cases they also offer A/C or infotainment delete with no additional cost. Of course, someone could argue why to do it since you paid for such parts. It depends of what you want. Personally I see it as an advantage and let's not forget that such kind of options add more complexity to the manufacturing process of the factory and in the overall cost of developing and maintaining more parts. Ask me that I had to do it the hard way in my BRZ via ordering all the factory deletion parts from Japan and doing all the work myself or in my dealership. If Toyota didn't place their money, such kind of deletion parts wouldn't even exist at all!
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote