DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
If I were in your shoes, I would find the lightest and widest 17" wheels in your budget and then find a 225/245 width tire in a less aggressive compound. If you're looking for linear handling and a touch less grip over all, it's much more economical to go to a slower wearing tire. Why slide and burn through an Rcomp?
The car isn't driven very hard and it's my DD, I've found that the last set of 200tw tires I had lasted for two years before I voluntarily parted with them, they still had 70% life- I will take what you've asked literally and confirm that I don't drift and will have junk tires for autocross if I partake. I will admit an r compound would be a huge waste! I also want to confirm that I'm looking for increased turn in response compared to the 245s. I like a super stiff sidewall and solid tread blocks. It honestly could be that I had the wrong tires in this size and am scarred because it gave me a perceived lack of turn in. They are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturaII View Post
225/50 on those 16x7 wheels will give you an enjoyable, dynamic driving experience. If they're the cast Motegis, they aren't the lightest for their size, but you already have them and they're down in the teens for weight. Everything is lighter, and you have some decent mechanical size for grip, and a little more sidewall for our oh-so-lovely pothole strewn roads up here in New England. And the size is available in many 200TW and lower tires...
From my NA Miata days I came to love the Falken Azenis, and it is definitely apparent that the 200tw segment has great size variety in a 16" wheel. I admit, I'm also hoping the increased profile makes life better on our roads.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote