View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
Varelco

Drives: '15 GT86 & '22 GR86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can't imagine you will find many people giving you feedback on this as its not exactly a normal request, I can't speak from experience but one of the guys in the UK had a Cosworth SC fitted to his car (280hp) on the stock Primacys and was surprised at how well they were able to apply the power. I can imagine a 205 with a grippier profile/compound would fair well if not better.

It's also worth noting not all tyres are made the same. One 205 tyre will not have the same tread width as another. I've heard the Primacy in a 215 profile is pretty narrow and is actually more like a 205 in comparison to its more performance orientated relatives.

However saying this you will be on the limit of the tyres performance, which may well catch you out in less then ideal conditions. I've driven a 280hp Harrop supercharged GT86 and that lit up the rear wheels in 2nd gear on 255 section tyres just because there was a dip in the road. Whilst I understand your logic for preferring a narrow tyre it might prove to be too much of a limitation/restriction which would quickly become frustrating.
Varelco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Varelco For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (12-06-2018)