View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #594
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Before doing a hopefully final attempt at scaling my MAF I want to do it right this time... So I have quite a few questions.

- Besides from zeroing out the IAT comp, I understand I should zero out the Load comp as well?
- Anything else that needs to be zeroed out?
- If I adjusted my AFR with OL fueling should I restore POL to "normal" values?

- Even with the IAT comp zeroed out, should I aim to find a day where I can get IAT's around 20 deg C?

Also, seeing that my car never reaches more than approx. 4.1v I would like to rescale the current MAF. What are good values to use for an NA car? 4.2v max for some headroom? And if using the tab that @Kodename47 contributed to Vgi's tool, what are good values for "Min V" and "Max Unchanged"?

Also, as I am tired of fuel trims jumping up and down I am considering if I should venture into injector scaling. Could injectors that are off cause LTFT swings? Given that the injector ratios are different in CL and OL?

I watched @jamesm's screencast and it was very helpful in understanding how to collect the data.

Am I understanding it correctly that to do so I should zero out all 3 "Total Injection Ratio Port" tables and do a CL MAF scale only?

I assume, that I shouldn't attempt to run at higher rpm for OL due to insufficient fuel from the direct injectors? Any other precaution that I need to follow (e.g. reduce timing)?

If correct, what is the process afterward to get the port injectors in line with the new direct injection MAF? I assume I should now set all 3 "Total Injection Ratio Port" tables to 100% and collect data as if I would do a CL MAF scaling again. @jamesm says to adjust the port injectors to the new direct injection MAF using Injection Flow Scaling ("BRZ" or the other one or both?) and Latency. How exactly is this done?

Thanks for bearing with all my questions once again!
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote