Old 12-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Here is my car, tuned NA to 75mm and then 75mm to 70mm on 99 RON. Only exhaust mod when going boost was a decat (cut and weld) OEM manifold @riboyster is correct that the Sprintex does lose effiiency at the top end. E85 should help a little with the heat etc. Perhaps the newer Plus, or whatever it's called, is better in that regard. I don't think exhaust flow is going to help much. I've always thought a good 4-1 would be the best choice to try and help at the top as most of the 4-2-1s are going to bump up the midrange, which is already quite strong. On 93 I would expect the limitation to be around 250-260whp on the charts below, it's around the best I've seen. E85 probably could push the magic 300, we don't get it here.
This is pretty much right on. We have not had much luck finding any additional HP with headers/exhaust on the supercharged car (as in, different header types, still 10+ hp up from stock with ANY header) but intakes do help. Our testing of the aforementioned header showed maybe 1-2 hp in the mid range over most of the other headers we have tested, so it is not something I would pay the premium on. 300 on e85 is doable on a more optimistic dyno with the 210 and 69mm pulley, the new SPS should hit it but we have topped out around 290 whp locally. The 335 will get you there for sure.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
sqd (12-05-2018)