View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #29
QueenBRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alright so today I installed the Racecomp Engineering SuperStreet-1 coilovers. The installation was a breeze, and initial impressions are amazing. Not that these are marketed towards that stance life, but as I was adjusting the ride height, I was surprised by how low these can go. I eventually settled on 1 1/2 finger gap all around and set the dampeners to 1 click away from full soft.

Initial impressions based on a 2 mile shake down around the block:

Near full soft, the ride feels very similar to the stock Sachs dampeners with stock springs. Not bouncy at all, but composed and precise as it handles low speed and high speed varying road conditions.

Next, I set the rebound to the middle dampening setting, and noticed the ride was similar to the RCE yellows paired with the Sachs dampeners, but VASTLY improved. The chassis just felt firmer, more composed and was very responsive under mid to high speed road conditions. The car was not upset or unsettled at all at this setting.

I’m going today to Chewerks, in City of Industry to get the car properly aligned. Once I get the alignment, I’ll have better impressions and a more thorough report on how they handle. In addition, I’ll be going to autocross in two weeks, so I’ll be adjusting the rebound, to see how the car feels and reacts to the adjustments.

TLDR:

Overall, I think for track and spirited driving, the middle setting of rebound is where it is at. Racecomp Engineering took all their years of experience, took everything they liked about how the Yellow springs felt, got together with KW and created a coilover with valving which totally changed my mind on what coilovers are capable of. If you’re on the fence, buy them and know you’re buying a product which is quality. Anyways, I hope my words will give everyone here some better insight on this awesome product.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ss-88SRBk[/ame]
QueenBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueenBRZ For This Useful Post:
jkamelo (01-01-2021), Racecomp Engineering (10-22-2018), RL_BRZ (04-22-2019), Shark_Bait88 (10-21-2018), SorryTires (10-28-2018), Teseo (10-22-2018)