View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #70
TurtReynolds

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got to play a bit at Grid Life time attack with the dampers a bit (I stress "a bit", as Time Attack does not give you a lot of time to fiddle and mess with settings and feel them out if you're inexperienced; it's ready and go or nothing).

Started with 4F/6R to see how the car would react because I had never taken it that stiff before. Almost spun out because the track temps were so high the tires just greased right away and I may have dropped a tire off the track slightly. Recovered in a messy fashion though and I think this was thanks to the coils. The front did not like being this stiff, perhaps?

Dialed back to 5F/7R and went slower. Heat exhaustion was setting in hard by this time too. Took two seconds out of my time as a result. I just didn't have it in me and I didn't get a clean lap on this session. It happens.

Third session took us to full course and boy was I feeling it! Pounding headache, but dialed the dampers to 5F and 8R (A last minute pit decision on my part). They seemed to like this setting quite a bit more and I had a lot more control over the car. I got exactly ONE clean lap during this session and it was still 6 seconds off my best when the car was stock on 225/45 RE71R. :\

Driver and track conditions matter; I guess. Still had fun and still got to experience a pretty cool event. Video of my first session is below for Autobahn North course, which had me posted a 1:21:9xx-something. Full course video is encoding and upload and will follow.

TurtReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote