HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post
Yeah, cause I wasn't pissed off at Toyota enough already. I'm prepping to sell my Toyota Celica and have bought into chevy because of the Scion bullshit with the 86. That would be the final nail in the coffin of no return.
And I'd be so sorry to see you go. No, really...

Short and sweet version of my opinion on this:

1) Cut the xB and xD. xB is old and should have been discontinued a couple years ago and replaced. I am clueless as to why they bothered to replace the xA with the xD. To date, I believe I have seen 2 on the roads outside of car meets. xD is a flop. iQ, even if I have only seen 1 on the roads since it was released here, has enough of a niche that it can still be produced without being much of a loss.

2) tC will be kept simply because it sells at a fairly regular rate. However, as the Corolla becomes more agressive in styling, sales will begin to fall off for the tC.

3) The "micro-truck" market is due for a big splash. Ever since the Ranger and S-10 bit the dust, it has been a gaping hole that GM has attempted to fill in with the Chevy Colorado. Toyota would be wise to try to get something in this slot, see my point #5 as to why I think it would be a good idea to start this micro-truck as a Scion

4) Small CUV/SUV: Please, don't. Do those of us who own Scion really want to be associated with the next Geo Tracker?

5) Scion should become more of a test bed to bringing new models or styling into the US. Think of it as a qualifier for Toyota: They want to bring in a new vehicle or new body style into the US market, initially badge it as a Scion. Give it 2-3 years to determine if it sells well, and if its accepted, "graduate" it to Toyota, replacing some of the old models if not introducing them as new to Toyota. For example, the tC graduating into the "new" Corolla, xD graduated into the "new" Yaris, the FR-S becoming a new model "Supra-Lite." This way Scion continues to be about what is new and different in the auto world, as opposed to something that is supposed to cater to the "hip youth."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote