View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #261
Btown

Drives: GTI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Part 3 was the only one that stayed genuine to the original concept of part 1 yet kept corniness under control (ridiculous fun but not idiotic). Part 1 took underground street racing and converted it into the mainstream. Part 3 took something foreign (drifting) and catalyzed it into American mainstream (it was already happening but Tokyo Drift sped it up). The series needs another car-related "thing" to latch onto and build a premise around. I hope Justin Lin realized this and stepped up to it for 6.
I've read this time and time again since this was originally posted, also talks about it on the wikipedia page.

From Adam Folelson at Universal.

Quote:
Universal’s intent is to transform the street-racing franchise into a series of heist films.

“We’ve heard so many people say, ‘I’ve never seen one, and I’ve never wanted to see one,’ about the Fast franchise,” Fogelson said. “So if these movies were still about street racing, there was probably a ceiling on how many people would buy tickets. We wanted to see if we could raise it out of about racing and make car driving ability just a part of the movie, like those great chases in The French Connection, The Bourne Identity, The Italian Job,” Fogelson explained. With Dodge as a partner, “Our strategy behind one of the biggest bets we’ve ever made is that the business has gone so far towards CG action every weekend, that we really believe creating a movie with real action and real cars will be amazing stuff to people excited by seeing something real.”
http://filmonic.com/fast-six-movie-plot#.UQejkL_LSuI
Btown is offline   Reply With Quote